Sunday, December 31, 2017

Farewell 2017...Welcome 2018



    Today the sun has set on 2017 and tomorrow it will rise with 2018…

           Like it did all these years, this year too was full of incidences; some bought a smile on our lips, while some bought a tear in our eyes.

           No, I am not gonna go into flashback and reminisce all the instances and details. But instead, I would like to share with you what I learned from some of the incidents.

           A couple of days back, my close friend and sister, Janaki posted on her timeline

‘You can be a friend. You can be an entrepreneur. But you can't be both all the time.’

Well the above sentence itself is self-explanatory. Need I say anything more?
   
Since the day we are born we are taught to be selfless. We are taught to think more of our family rather than us. So in that process, we forget ourselves. And the end result, we bury ourselves for others. So it’s time to think about ourselves, its ok to be selfish sometimes and say NO, and not feel guilty about it. You can't make everyone happy when you yourself are not happy.

          So I would like to rephrase Janaki’s phrase as

‘I can be a friend. I can be a mother. I can be a wife. I can be a daughter. I can be an entrepreneur. But I can't be all-in-one at the same time. I can be me, just me.’

But most important and foremost thing which I want to say is




Thank you all who lent me a patient ear while I cribbed, one who lent me their shoulder while I cried buckets (Yes, people who appear strong can also break down at times), one who gave me words of encouragement when I was feeling low and broken and also to those who were always there for me; no words, no hugs but they were just there for me which meant a lot.

So thank you one and all. I won't name anyone, but you know who you are. And one important thanks to God, who gave me such gems in my life.

          As for new year resolutions, well resolutions are meant to be broken but goals, I do have couple of goals in my mind so let's see how it shapes up because as the saying goes





So, thank you once again to all my friends, readers, and supporters and wishing you all a very happy joyous and healthy new year 2018.













DMCA.com Protection Status

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful farewell 2017 post Appu... wish u too a vert happy healthy wealthy n prosperous new year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voww well written Aps!!! Lots of love to you.. ❤️️❤️️ And I wish all your 2018 goals be fulfilled ���� Rock it pal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is a very nice piece of writing, beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just be you - always you. The whole world is inside you. Those who understand that - are blessed to have you in their life. Those who don't they are ill fated to have lost you. But you just be you - always <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rubina :) your words always pep me up :)

      Delete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.