Sunday, December 8, 2013

Childhood Memories



“Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us.”

        “Memories”, we have all kinds of memories… happy memories, sad, painful.

        But of all the memories we have, childhood memories are the ones we cherish more.

        Childhood memories and a smile comes across our face, school memories and a twinkle in our eyes.

        I had a very secure childhood. And its memories are also sweet. Be it doing mischief with my elder brother or fighting with him, about who is parent’s favorite or for share of dairy milk chocolate which our Papa bought when he got his salary.

        No matter how old we get, we carry our memories with us, even to our grave. No one can take away our memories from us.

        I remember the last day of our school. It was our farewell party. All girls decked up in their mom’s saris. We had many rose plants in our balcony, and I would always give one to my 10th standard class teacher, Usha teacher. She used to teach us English.

        On our farewell day as usual I had taken a rose for her. When I met her, she, as usual smiled and said “Thank you”. As I was about to leave, she called me and asked “Why are you not wearing any rose?” I just looked at her and told innocently “Ma’am, we had only one rose today and that I bought it for you”. She comes up to me and turns me around and told “it’s your day today, you should wear one. You have always got me one, today it’s for you”, while pining up the flower to my hair. I was touched and speechless. I never forgot that day or that incident.

In this snap I am standing behind my fav class teacher Usha teacher, (in green n red sari)


“Every man's memory is his private literature.”


        Some memories bring tears of joy and some tears of sorrow in our eyes. I distantly remember the day which changed our lives 20 years back.

        It was the year 1993-94, which was very important year for any child. I was in 10th standard. Also that year had been pretty bad on us as some or the other problem kept arising.  1st Papa was diagnosed with high thyroid and had to be admitted. On that day of his discharge, my Mom who was waiting for my arrival from tuition class, got dizzy and lost her consciousness and hit her head, me meeting with an accident while coming from computer class so on and so forth.

        But the worst hit was the day I lost my only elder brother. It brought my whole secure world crashing and crumbling to pieces.

        I remember the day, at noon I was lazing around the house after my board exams. We were supposed to leave for our cousins’ marriage in 5 days. My brother had applied for 15 days leave. But since few days he was not happy with his current job and was looking for new one. That day he left the house at noon for an interview. Never ever before that day, he had told me bye before leaving the house. He always told mom what time to expect him home and would leave. But that day, he came up to me and told “bye, see you in evening”.

        He never came back home. Next day some police came to inform us about his body being found on railway tracks… what followed next, was unimaginable.

        It changed our life.


    Some incidents just fade away from our mind, but some remain in us as a memory.







DMCA.com

12 comments:

  1. Oh my...how tragic. Things like that change life and the people in it forever. So sorry for your loss. What a terribly painful shock that must have been and how ironic that the last time he saw you he said goodbye. A person never forgets things like that! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your brother.. It must have been horrific!!

    Sending you lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some body said, no matter how much suffering you went through, you never want to let go of certain memories! So sorry about your brother, Aparna! {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to about your loss Aparna. I can't even start to imagine how tragic that would have been for you. It takes a lot of courage to write about it and I salute you. May he rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing, Aparna. I can't begin to imagine how devastating your brother's loss must have been for your parents and you. You, my dear, are a very brave woman. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very sorry to hear this. But I can somehow understand how much this incident must have changed you....

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very sorry for your loss. Death of a loved one changes us forever. Hugs and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have a lots of good memories of my child to cherish a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.