Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Musical Therapy

"If music be the food of love, play on."

        I don’t when I fell in love with music… For me music means songs of Hollywood and/or Bollywood. Maybe after my brother’s death, I found some solace in music to cope up with the loneliness due to staying away from my parents and brother’s untimely demise.

        So addicted had I become that even while studying and doing college work I used to listen to songs. In absence of which, I couldn’t concentrate. My parents, friends used to ask me “How could you study while listening to film songs?” To which I would reply “It’s my way of relaxing and concentrating.”

“For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.”
      

        
          Even today whenever I feel stressed out or sad or defeated, I just plug in my earphones and listen to the songs on my mobile. It really clams me down. I don’t have a good voice, but whenever I feel bit anxious I play a song through speaker and sing out loudly, and believe me it really helps me distress. Though my daughter goes into shock hearing my voice.

“Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.”
        Give me a good book, a snack, hot cuppa tea and some good music and I am in the seventh heaven for sure. Nothing soothes me down as music does.


One of my favourite and also my daughter’s favourite song 



       
      Music is therapeutic. Soft music calms down nerves. But now-a-days the kind of songs that are being made, I am sure next generation will never understand the real meaning of soft, soothing music.

 “Where words fail, music speaks.”





I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 8th – 14th December 2013.






DMCA.com

11 comments:

  1. Nice take on the prompt; And yes, a nice cuppa, good books and music can make everything go away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said....even when words fail, music speaks! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved this post... music is truly a language that goes beyond words... it fills your heart with joy, despair and everything in between if you allow it to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I used to study , I preferred pin-drop silence but I love to sway to music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music is truly a great healer. Keep enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Give me a good book, a snack, hot cuppa tea and some good music and I am in the seventh heaven for sure. Nothing soothes me down as music does."

    My kind of take! :) Lovely Prerna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My take on a mood improvement would include a cuppa coffee, some good music and a good book :) Lovely post on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i too love khuda jane... a romantic tune...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Music can do wonders to our mood. :)l ove that song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe all of us have a similar story. I too found myself always hooked onto it and my parents never understood once :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.