Wednesday, April 6, 2022

E for Erin Brockovich


I feel most of you must have watched this 2000 released autobiographical movie featuring Julia Roberts in the title role in the movie titled Erin Brockovich  (2000).

 



I salute Erin’s guts, strength, and courage which brought down a multi-million company to its knees and exposed its fraud which was causing severe, life-harming health issues to the residents of Hinkley.

 

What makes me appreciate Erin is that even when she is rebuked by her children and her fiancée for neglecting them for her job, she doesn’t give up but instead continues to fight for the effected people for their rights. The most amusing scenes are those when Erin confronts lawyer Theresa Dallavale, who thinks can do a better job than Erin as she is a qualified lawyer and works for a reputed law firm. But then she fails to bond or even get the people of Hinkley to talk to her, whereas, not only does Erin manages to bond and gain their trust, she has each and every detail at the tip of her tongue right from their medical condition to their phone numbers.

 


I loved the movie from the start till the end, as it made me laugh, cry, and feel the pain. The end scene featuring Erin and Ed makes you laugh and makes sure the smile stays with you for a very long time after such a heart-touching, serious movie.

 


I loved watching Julia Roberts as Erin Brockovich, Albert Finney as Edward L. Masry, and Aaron Eckhart as George, Erin's biker boyfriend amongst many other brilliant actors.

 

I will say, Erin Brockovich is a must-watch movie by one and all.

 

If you have watched this movie, do let me know how and what you liked the most about the movie in the comments below.

To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

14 comments:

  1. I saw the film when it first came to video so I didn't see it in the theater, but rented the DVD. As I recall I did like it.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen it, don't know why, just haven't.
    Maybe it's time to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have seen the movie and what I loved about the movie was how Erin managed both her kids and her family. No matter how much the family complained she was there for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my all time fav Julia Roberts movie... pretty woman comes close to it.. i love it for all the reasons u mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is my favorite favorite favorite movie. I watched it for the nth time again a few months ago. In fact, I love all Julia Roberts movies! Beautiful take on the film!
    See you around the A-Z challenge!
    Hope you stop by my blog https://momandideas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Julia Roberts. My favorite the part when she says, "By the way, we had that water brought in specially for you folks. Came from a well in Hinkley." and followed by their expressions. Absolute clap moment :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a while since I've seen the movie, but may favorite scene is when she asks opposing counsel what their spine or uterus is worth and then tells them the water was brought in special for them. This post has me wanted to watch the movie again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely loved this movie!! I've watched it a couple of times now and its just gotten better! I'm not sure if I'm a Julia Roberts fan.. but I did think she did an amazing job as Erin Brockovich.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was a big fan of this film back when it came out. I liked it enough to read her books over the years as they came out. Good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was Wonderful indeed . I really liked your analysis of Erin Brockovich . I am gonna watch it to get inspired for the grit and determination 💪. I hope it rubs a little on me too .👍😇

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked Erin Brokovitch as a movie and appreciated that she stood up for the underdog. I did prefer the book though, I have to be honest.
    My latest AtoZ is G for Gaming - Kaiberie.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom watches English movies rarely.. this one she watched with me and loved it ... i loved the boss character... the tie scenes are cute and the one where her son realizes what she is doing and offers to buy breakfast for her

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favourite English movies, I can watch it multiple times. Loved Julia Roberts in it - her swag, her 'dog with a bone' attitude, her dedication and grit and earnestness to actually connect with people. The way she helps her boss connect with them, juggling her own family and job and standing up for what she believes in. Love these kind of inspiring movies and characters based on true incidents which deserve to be brought to the world!

    Here's my post for E:
    E: Enid Blyton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and especially the scene where she tells the lawyers that the water's been brought down specially for them from Hinkley! What a burn!

      Delete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.