Tuesday, April 3, 2018

C for Cakes



Just mention 'Cakes' and you can see their eyes sparkle. Be younger ones or the older children, all are fans of cakes.

          Who doesn’t like cakes???

           Cakes have become an integral part of every celebration. Not only just for birthdays and anniversary celebrations, cakes are for every occasion nowadays.

Pic credit: Google

          Cakes come in all shapes, size, and flavors.
   
One look at their scintillating beauty and the intrinsic artwork and everyone goes Oohhs and aahhs. Mention the flavor and everyone around starts to drool…and when we sink our teeth into them… we are transported to food heaven… that’s the power of cakes.
   
Picture credit: Google


Baking a cake is therapeutic, some say. But I would like to add from my personal experience. Never ever start baking when you are in a foul mood. No matter how much tried and tested recipe it is, if you are not in proper state of mind that bake is bound to be a disaster. So whenever you start baking, just lighten up yourself a bit, listen to music, get into that mood, and then see the magic.
   
Picture Credit: Google


           Most of you know why I became a home baker…but seeing the amount of sugar and artificial colors used in decorating cakes that I took a step back or rather I should say have changed my course of direction.

Picture Credit: Google

Picture Credit: Google

   

As mother of special needs child I have always seen children and parents struggling with what to give and what not to give to our kids. So nowadays I am trying to bake healthy bakes which can be devoured by our kids without any guilt or worry.  Hope to achieve success in this endeavor. 


Gluten free Healthy Carrot Cake








DMCA.com Protection Status

17 comments:

  1. Nice! I agree about not using too much sugar in cakes and am glad to know that you have chosen to make healthy cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sundari..yes too much sugar is not good for normal people let alone special children..Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. WE WANT MORE CAKE!!!! What a universal subject you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dobson... cakes can never go out of demand...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Anytime Ls.... drop in or will send it over to your place :)

      Delete
  4. I do love cake although I usually only make it for birthdays or other big events. That's great that you're making healthier cakes. Mine are not really usually that healthy although I have a carrot cake one that isn't too bad. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I too bake celebration cakes for occasions...carrot cake is healthy ;)as it has carrot :)

      Delete
  5. Nice one.. Loved the pictorial displays as also ur magic ingredients 😍😍 Send me one soon. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kavita...I am ready send whenever you want...

      Delete
  6. Cakes yummy cakes, and now healthy too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hum cake khane ke liye kidhar bhi jaa sakte hain! :) Lovely optimistic break for the challenge as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tho aajao Deepa..kabhi bhi will be happy to bake for you :)

      Delete
  8. I've known people who said they didn't like cake. I'll gladly take their piece because I love cake, especially chocolate with chocolate frosting. My youngest daughter is a pastry chef and she makes a lot of cakes at home as well as at the restaurant where she works. I live far from her so I don't often get to sample her work except when I'm visiting where she lives. Maybe it's just as well that I don't get her pastries too often, but I wish I could see her more often.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh...Hugs Arlee...I hope your wish comes true as soon as possible so that you enjoy her company and her bakes too....

      Delete
  9. I love cakes and I love baking. That is one of my go to be happy places when I am irritated or just sad.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.