Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I For Indie Author (Guest Post by Sundari Venkatraman)





    Today’s post is a guest post by well-known Indie Author Sundari Venkatraman.

    Sundari requires no introduction. She is a well-known author, known for her romantic novels like The Malhotra Bride, The Madras Affair, etc and her recent mythological book MATSYA: The First Avatar (DASHAVATAR Book 1). Sundari is the author of 26 titles as of April 2018

Sundari with some of her creations in paperbacks (Sigh!!!)


  • 19 novels/novellas
  • 2 collections of short stories
  • 2 short reads (one romance and one story from Indian Mythology)
  • 3 collections


One can contact her at:



    My first book was The Madras Affair and I just fell in love with Sundari’s work. I re-read her books especially when I am low and want an instant mood lift. Even though she writes romance, each story holds a hidden theme; about women, their various difficulties and problems. Like for example, The Madras Affair was about widow remarriage as a backdrop to romance.

Now it's better to hand over the mike oops pen to the author and let her writing do rest of talking. Over to you Sundari...


I for INDIE AUTHOR

Thank you so much, Aparna, for the opportunity to write a post on your blog. And of course, I have chosen a topic close to my heart, that of being an Indie author.

Some might say that Indie is synonymous with being a self-published author. But I wouldn’t agree with that statement. A self-published author is one who has published book/books by himself and that’s it. While an Indie author is one who has not only published book/books but takes charge of her whole writing/publishing/marketing journey, one who is the sole decision maker, one who takes complete responsibility for her book/s out there. All bouquets and brickbats belong solely to the indie author.

This definitely places a lot of weight on the author’s shoulders, but believe me, at the end of it all, it’s an amazingly satisfying journey indeed.

After trying to woo traditional publishers for 14 long years, I was introduced to the idea of publishing on Amazon KDP by none other than Rubina Ramesh, and as they say, the rest is history.

Today, I am the most successful Indie Author in India and I feel so fulfilled for being one. Being able to publish at my own pace, with a lot of encouragement from an ever-expanding base of readers and fans, makes me so glad that I have gone indie.

Writing is a lonely profession, they say. It draws energy only from self-motivation. So, how do I keep at it, day after day? It’s my dashboard on Amazon that’s updated hourly. When I watch the sales graph going up day after day, see tens of thousands of pages read, all I can say is that I am highly motivated to write and publish more and more.


WARNING: Just because it’s easy to publish doesn’t mean that shoddy content will make one a much-read author. Well edited and proofed content is the most important ingredient of a good book.

I am #PoweredbyIndie & #ProudtobeIndie









DMCA.com Protection Status

23 comments:

  1. I intend to read some Indie authors dis vacation n Sundari Venkatraman n Matsya is in d top of my list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am eagerly waitin for ur book Appu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have patience dear...Intezar ka faal mitha hotha hai...you know na :)

      Delete
  3. And we are proud to know you and having met you. Your success is a beacon of light for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lata. It was lovely meeting you too. Hope to do so again soon :D

      Delete
    2. True Lata...Sundari is an inspiration for many of us

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much Aparna, for giving me a platform to share my views :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you Sundari for agreeing for this guest post and writing wonderful stories and inspiring us with your writing ::)

      Delete
  5. Indeed, Sundari Venkatraman needs no introduction; undoubtedly one of the most popular Indie authors.
    I have read The Madras Affair, and wrote a short review as well: http://bpradeepnair.blogspot.in/2016/11/book-review-madras-affair-by-sundari.html
    I am looking forward to reading her other novels.
    (My latest blog post - The Instant lifestyle - http://bit.ly/TT-Instant)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pradeep Nair. You will find the same standard (lack of typos) in all my books as I take the responsibility for final proofreading :D

      Delete
  6. Love post Sundari and Aparna amazing initiative. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice of an Indie Author. Sundari is what a lot of us aspire to be!
    http://sunitasaldhana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hearty congratulations and it was nice to have read and known more about you! :) I haven't read any of yours yet, but now that I know, I will be - pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deepa. If you like romances, you should try out my books. I promise you that you will love them :D

      Delete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.