Friday, April 27, 2018

X for Xenophobia




He was very possessive about her.
She was his,
His person.
He had eyes only for her.
And she too adored him.
He was her constant companion.
They both cared and loved each other.
But he hated if anyone came close to her,
Or if she spoke to somebody other than him.

If anyone came close to her,
He let out a deep growl,
Which was enough to send them scampering away.
She would always pet him,
Whenever he did that.

Yes, she loved him too.
He was her person too.
Her bodyguard,
Her pet buddy,
Who never allowed any stranger near her.

Pic Credit : Google



The above story is about a pet dog whom I had met some two decades ago when we had gone to meet an old aunt of my Mom’s. He was so possessive that, when my parents bent to touch the aunt’s feet to seek blessings, he was about to pounce on them. But he did allow me to pet him, but I was scared out of hell by seeing his huge frame.

He even followed us out, till we boarded the auto, just to make sure we are not coming back.

This blog is dedicated to all the pets, who are more loyal and loving to their owners than anybody else.



DMCA.com Protection Status

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. Do agree pets are the ones who love us unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True.. Pets are angels in disguise, giving away non-judgemental, unconditional, faithful love we ought to learn from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually initially thought this was a poem about an obsessive lover.

    It's so perfect about pet dogs though...they can be very protective :)

    I blog at Scripted In Sanity

    Do drop by mine. And all the best for the rest of the A to Z Blogging Challenge :)

    Cheers,
    CRD

    ReplyDelete
  4. My muffin is like that. No one can touch me, unless i tell her it is okay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, never thought xenophobia could be used in this perspective! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.