Friday, April 1, 2022

A for Aani Kay Hava

 


             I have been a movie buff since childhood. Before the invention of dish tv and cable, all we got to watch was the occasional Bollywood movie or regional Marathi movie on Doordarshan. Soon came the era of cable connections and then set-top boxes and now OTT is ruling the arena. 

 

 

         For me, English movies, as it was known, in those days to us were out of bounds as they had vulgarity (read sex) and violence. But, as I grew older, my interest in Bollywood lessened, and Hollywood increased, not for the above-mentioned reasons, but I came across some Hollywood releases that had some meaningful content (read the story or moral) in them. 

 

 

So in this month-long blog challenge, I will be sharing some of the movies (both Bollywood and Hollywood) which I loved and has good content and not to mention some great actors and actresses also some of recent webseries which one gets easliy hooked to and is relateable.

 

 

        I am starting the blog challenge with A for Aani Kay Hava (2019 - 2021).

 



Aani kay Hava is a Marathi web series released in 2019 on MX Player. It features real-life couple Umesh Kamat and Priya Bapat, who are well-known artists in the industry. 

 

 

This web series portrays the bitter-sweet husband-wife relationships between Saket and Jui. Saket has childish behavior and loves and adores his wife and her wishes but if a situation arises he is a gentle husband and firm support to his wife. (After watching this series, most women must have expectations of him as an ideal husband, I am sure.) On the other hand, Jui is a level-headed, responsible career woman who does adore her husband but takes things practically. They both compliment each other perfectly. 

 

 

Each episode of all three seasons is so relatable and light-hearted that one can sit and watch them for hours repeatedly. Some of my favorite episodes are Puranpoli, Kami Vajan, Chhota Aajarpan, Bhutachya Gosthi, Sadyanchi Karedi, and the best Te Char Diwas

 

 

Each season has six episodes but each episode is equally enjoyable. Be it rib-tickling comedy or some serious matter like Bandhan. Plus the chemistry of Saket and Jui is the highlight of the series. 

 

 

If you want to drive away your blues, I recommend all to watch Aani Kay Hava in the morning and keep smiling the whole day.


To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

13 comments:

  1. They are among my favourite Marathi actors. I will definitely renew my Mx player subscription and watch this series! https://yenforblue.blogspot.com/2022/04/arisaema-nepenthoides.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Archana for stopping by...this series is for free on MX player..just download the app and you can watch it...All the best for A to Z...

      Delete
    2. Sure! Will do that. Thanks! :-)

      Delete
  2. This sounds interesting! and you have chosen my favourite topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. i would love to watch it. Let me find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched a similar series little things and liked it. If it has subtitles may try watching it some time. Good luck with challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched a Marathi series in a long time. Will add this to my watch-it-later list! Thanks for sharing!
    momandideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a wonderful series. My wife and I seem to be of the same temperaments of the protagonists. I love movies and am looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds interesting Aparna. Nice theme I must say. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting! I'm looking forward to reading more and adding to my list of "must watch"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know all that much about Bollywood movies, so I am excited to read your blog and find some "must see" movies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very cool. I am going to keep visiting this space for more recommendations on movies and TV series. There is also a series on Netflix called little things which might be in the same space. Will be adding this to my to be watched list. Good luck with the rest of the blogging season ahead.

    And before I forget, you not just are going to list Hollywood and Bollywood, you're also going to include Mollywood! Interesting! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have scanned down your whole A2Z as I am doing a review of you and your WhatsApp friends for my roadtrip - I will let you know when I post it. The only film i have seen from your entire list is Erin Brockovich - not that I haven't watched any Indian movies, but not so much the new ones... My dad must have been more of a film enthusiast than was apparent by our lack of going to the cinema or his refusal to let us watch many Hollywood films when we first got a telly "American trash" he would say. But he had the Pelican book of Cinema so I guess he used to go to more world and European films before he met my Mum. My favourite job of all time was to work as a projectionist in a second-run arthouse cinema in Brixton, London. We had a single projector, so you had to make up the seven or so cans of a film into one big reel and then break it down again afterwards. So with the ten or so movies we showed each week, it took all the time the films were showing to complete this task. So you were listening to the film that was showing and you could look out through a little window when there was a good bit, but you were listening more than looking. what that does is give you a sense of the pace, timing, rhythm of a film. What I like about your reviews are they are so personal and emotional...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.