Monday, April 25, 2022

U for Udaan and Uri

 


In this post, too, I am writing about two movies that I loved watching and belong to the great movies list: Udaan (2010) and Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019).

 

While Udaan is a coming-of-age kind of movie, Uri is an action film based on true events. Both films are different and yet unique in their own way.

 

Udaan

 



We all know how dominating and controlling Indian parents, especially fathers, can be. But some are so dominating and hot-tempered that life becomes hell for the kids as the amount of physical and verbal abuse takes a mental toll on them. 

 

Udaan is a story of such dominating father and his two sons. We always blame upbringing for any kind of abuse or bad habits a person has but then how come one sibling Bhairav Singh is alcoholic, abusive, and dominating while his younger brother Jimmy is completely opposite. This film is about Rohan, the elder son of Bhairav, and his struggle. 

 

I loved the picturization, the acting, and the actors; in other words, it’s a good watchable movie with loads to understand and tell.


Uri

 


Uri, on the other hand is an action film based on true events. I can’t write much about it because one blog post won’t be sufficient for it. Whenever I watch movies or web series based on intelligence officers, the army or such, my heart swells with pride in their brave heartedness while my eyes cry on their sacrifice.  

 

Plus, the music of the film is awesome. Hats off to Sashwat Sachdev, for creating such a piece of brilliant music. 

 

What’s your take on both the movies? Please do let me know. 


To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

5 comments:

  1. Udaan is a perfect movie with a strong msg. I saw it very late and felt i discovered a hidden gem. The boy didn't get many movies but he is a fine actor.URI is good too. Makes u respect the soldiers

    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Uri advertised on one of the streaming services I have. I'll have to go back and find now. Thanks for the recomendation.
    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side | The A of Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet to watch both and i have read good reviews about them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these movies sound interesting. I think I will watch them. Thank you for recommending these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both movies are commendable! Udaan is honestly a gem, I wonder why the boy didn't make more appearances! Uri felt a little commercialized to me, but good strong performances and well directed! And yes you're right about the goosebumps - I call those patriotic goosebumps :)

    Read Priyanka Chopra Jonas' journey at Unfinished - my post for U!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.