Tuesday, April 12, 2022

I for Intern

 


         What are people expected to do after getting retired? Just laze around in the house doing small chores for their family, who don’t have time for them or keep counting till their time comes? After leading an active and busy life do we expect them to sit at home doing nothing?

 



    

            Intern (2015) is a sweet comedy movie with Robert De Niro and Anne Hathway as main leads. 


         Ben, a 70-year man, is bored with his retired life. He tries to keep himself busy with community service etc. but is unhappy with the way life is turning out. One day he chances upon a flyer wherein they want senior people for an intern position. He applies for the post and gets selected as an intern for Jules, who is hard to please and is the boss of About The Fit.

 

         This movie has a lot to tell and learn; about relationships of all other things. I loved the onscreen rapport (can I say chemistry) between Robert De Niro and Anne Hathway. I loved the scene where Ben tells other moms at Paige’s school that they should be proud of Jules for all she has achieved, rather than being sarcastic. There are many beautiful scenes of Ben and Jules, which make a whole lot of sense. 

 

         I loved Ben’s character, his ‘it’s never too late’ attitude and his positive attitude towards everything. I hope many senior citizens take out a leaf or two from his book and learn something.

 

         I don’t remember how many times I have watched this movie and will do so how many more times because I just love Ben and Jules and cute little Paige too.

 

What about you? 


To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

6 comments:

  1. Intern is my a time fav movie too

    Yes their rapport is great. R. D Niro and Anne hathway both r favs...it's being made in Hindi but am sure it can't match original

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! I have never heard of this movie! This revelation itself is quite something as I love movies, work at a movie theatre and occasionally review films on my blog. Fortunately the films I review on my blog are generally movies from the past that I have never seen. Thanks to your review I'll keep an eye open for it.

    One piece of advice when blogging about films, it is exteremely helpful to put the year of your release with the title of movie. The first thing I did was to google the title to see that it came out in 2015. Many film titles are recycled so this is one great reason to put the year in. Stopping by from A to Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check this one out! I enjoy Robert De Niro and adore Anne Hathaway.
    My wife always tells me there is no way I could retire, I have to work all the time. So this might hit close to home.

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side | A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have marked this on Netflix to watch later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply loved the film and the time and I simply loved Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this movie, but it's been so long since I watched it, now your post has made me want to watch it all over again. I love how their relationship grows from being annoying/irritated to mutual respect. We need more positive people like how Robert De Niro is in this one! Will watch it this weekend itself!

    Here's my post for I:
    It Ends With Us

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.