Thursday, April 14, 2022

L for Lunchbox

 


The Lunchbox (2013) is a romance movie but with a difference. Neither the male lead is a rich, tall, dark, and handsome type, nor is the female lead slim, trim, drop-dead gorgeous nor does the movie has a happy ending. But their (love) story is beautiful and somewhat cute. The only regret is that the film has a cliffhanger ending, which left the audiences guessing what happened to Ila and Sajjan Fernandes.

 




          Irrfan Khan is one such artist who delivers any character with such flair that he leaves a print on your mind. Nimrat Kaur as timid housewife Ila, Nawazuddin Siddiqui as obnoxious and loud Shaikh are some of the other characters I love.

 

Mumbai dabbawalas are famous for their way of working and seldom commit a mistake while delivering the tiffins. But in this movie, somehow there is an error in their network, which being a Mumbaikar, is hard for me to believe. 

 

But still, I loved this movie and will watch it just for the brilliant acting of the three main leads of this film.


To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

14 comments:

  1. Sounds cute! Now that I live in Asia, Netflix recommends a broader range of international shows to me. I have seen one Indian film (I can never remember the name) - a hilarious comedy about a guy being reincarnated as a fly, and one TV drama called Delhi Crime. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes that film us originally a Telugu language film, I think you are talking about Eega/Makkhi (in Hindi).

      Delete
  2. Indeed it was a cute movie! I would love to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful movie and enjoyable, Irfan is someone I loved to watch onscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lunchbox is one of the best works of Irrfan..after his demise i watched many of his movies again, this being one of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard a lot about this movie but have not watched it yet ! I dont like cliffhangers !! This lady comes in one of the Dairy Milk ads doesnt she ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good movie!

    Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: L

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen this, but I've never heard of it. Sounds like the kind of story that might appeal to me.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at your vinyl collection choices, I am certain you'll love this beautiful story.

      Delete
  8. I'm happy to see this is on Netflix - I'll be adding it to my watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful story and I guess started a trend of content rich films again in Bollywood.


    momandideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. After watching the film I wished to move to Bhutan as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a film I've recorded when it was on TV but I've yet to watch it. This just makes me want to get around to it sooner :)
    My A-Z in April.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful movie this was. I think I started really liking Nimrat Kaur after this, she was good in Airlift also. This movie had such subtle romance and emotions building up, nothing flashy. Irfan Khan was excellent too, God bless his soul. You're right - nothing about this was typical of Bollywood! Great selection for L!
    Read my A-Z at FictionPies

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.