Tuesday, April 19, 2022

P for Pagglait



Pagglait (2021) is one such movie that made me laugh, cry and ponder over a lot many things, all at the same time. 

 


        Surprisingly, in her lifetime a female has to don so many roles and responsibilities, and she is expected to carry that burden without a whimper or cry. After marriage, she is suddenly a stranger in her own parental home and her husband’s place she is always treated as an outsider. So where does a female belong to? A girl is expected to get educated so that it looks good on her marriage resume. Why? Why make her work so hard academically when she is expected to slog in the kitchen and produce and raise kids? 

 

Why do females, don’t get to say anything while decisions are being made about their own life?

 

I loved the film, for many reasons; first because the main lead is a female. Now that female-centric movies are being made, the change is happening and people love that change. Secondly, Sanya Malhotra’s acting as Sandhya is appreciable. I won’t point out a particular scene which I liked because I loved the whole film. 

 

What’s your opinion on this film, do let me know. 

 To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

4 comments:

  1. At some junctures film felt repetitive ... nevertheless it was fun with subtle message to be taken by viewers! Bollywood finally is making offbeat movies stressing on societal issues...that's a good sign

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the part where she talking about continuing to support his side of the family, shows humanity on her part. Some of it felt a little insensitive to me, but overall it was a good change with a satirical aspect to it - a slap in the face of stupid illogical societal customs.

    Here's my post for P:
    Panchatantra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the film interesting too and so glad that female-centric movies and concept based movies are being made today.

    Dropping by from momandideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a very good actress ...i am yet to watch this one

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.