Saturday, April 16, 2022

N for Natrang



Natrang (2009) is the only Marathi movie that I am able to write in this challenge. Not because I don’t watch Marathi movies, but because I can't recollect the names of the films that I have watched, while others failed to leave an impact on me. 


 

The main point why this movie stayed in my mind is because of Atul Kulkarni's acting and the body transformation he has done for this movie; from a well-built farmer to a slim "pansy" character, (a man who acts in an effeminate manner). Such a transformation is a huge thing. Not only the body transformation but, also his acting is top-notch; being it a villain or be the main lead he has portrayed it to the T and impressed his audience. 

 

Also, it has showcased an aspect that no one believes or even talks about it; man’s rape. Yes, no one even in the real world speaks or believes but the trauma is the same as it is for a female. But seldom does anyone acknowledges it. 

 

The songs are foot-tapping, and the fabulous star cast and their acting make the movie watchable and impactful.

 

What is your take on this movie? Please do let me know in the comment section. 


To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

5 comments:

  1. Haven't watched . I really like Atul Kulkarni ...if subtitles are available..i will try this movie. Is it streaming somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't watched this movie but such a rare topic to pic. He sure is an amazing artist.
    Dropping by from A-Z challenge
    Do check out my blog - momandideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havenot watched the movie. Atul is a great actor. Hey Ram is one of his memorable roles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent movie as are its songs. Recently I saw it again on OTT. Good choice for N on the AtoZ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atul Kulkarni is a brilliant actor - I have not watched him in Marathi movies but be it in Page 3 or in Rang De Basanti, his characters are so alive. Natarang has been on to watch list for a while now, maybe it's time I get to it. The song Apasara Aali, is lovely to listen and sing as well! What beautiful music!

    Have you reading the goosebump, horror story of Not Without My Daughter

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.