Friday, April 29, 2022

W for Where'd you go Bernadette


 

Why is that every time a child is sick, a mother has to sacrifice her career, and her passion and stay home to take care of that child? Sigh! (Sadly, my Mom did the same when I had some health condition and Dad made her resign from her job and stay home so that I could be taken care of properly and recover. I can understand her plight now that I am a mother too).

 

I chanced upon this movie while flipping through the channels one fine day. I watched this movie for Cate Blanchett. It connected instantly and I think lot of moms who have given up their career and passion for sake of their kids or elders at home can easily relate to this movie. I love the manner Cate played the role of a frustrated, desperate mom Bernadette, who is a well-known and famous architect, and yet for sake of her daughter Bee gave away all her passion. But she is the apple of her eye and their lives revolve around each other.

 




I appreciate the director, writer, and Cate for showing the emotions of what of mother goes through, how she feels frustrated, and how isolated she feels when her husband, whom she trusted and loved refuses to understand her dilemma and calls her mentally unstable.

 

I loved watching this movie and would recommend one and all to watch it. 


To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

2 comments:

  1. On top of my watch list now! Thanks for the reco! At the end of the AtoZ! Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, Aparna! Will watch. It's a very unbalanced world out there, sadly :( Most of the decisions being taken by people who do not have to bear the consequences.

    Read my A-Z at FictionPies

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.