Friday, April 22, 2022

S for Sky is Pink

 

This movie is special for various reasons. It has showcased the mental, physical and the emotional struggles of a mother who is taking care of a child with special needs or who is a caregiver or a caretaker of that child. Most of the films portray or showcase the difficulties that a child faces and how society sees that child but no one acknowledges or shows what a mother is going through. But in the film Sky Is Pink, Priyanka Chopra, who plays the role of a mother (Moose aka Aditi) has beautifully and very aptly shown and expressed her trauma, her frustration, her distress of what she's going through when she is struggling to bring up and find what is best for her daughter who is suffering from a very rare disease called SCID(severe combined immunodeficiency). In other words, the film is shown from a parent's point of view.

 



One of my friends who saw this movie told me that instead of Priyanka Chopra told me that she saw me instead because she has been seeing me for a couple of years taking care of my daughter. So it's not because she told but anyone who is a caregiver or who has observed a caregiver closely will relate to this film. No one sees the struggle a mother or what she is going through while playing the role of a caregiver. Everyone takes the mother for granted because she keeps hearing, "you are a mother so you have to do it. It is your duty". There is no such written rule that because I'm a mother I have to do it.

 




We have no other choice, we do a lot, we give away a lot, we sacrifice a lot, and many things go through us when we see our child suffering. A part of ours shatters and bleeds when we see other kids living normal life whereas we can't do anything except look at our children helplessly because we are just not able to do anything to reduce their suffering and drive away their pain.

 

But this movie is one of a kind movie that I would say everyone must watch and understand that living a life of a mother who is a caregiver be it for her child or parent or sibling or anyone it is not easy. It takes a huge toll on her physical, mental, and emotional health. She also undergoes a lot when she is playing that role, willingly or unwillingly.

 

Next time you come across any caregiver, don’t sympathize or preach because that is not what we need. Also, don’t put us on a pedestal, we don’t want that too. We are doing our best. And just as one pill doesn’t cure all illnesses, one treatment doesn’t suit all conditions. 

  To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

3 comments:

  1. Haven't seen this film, but I like the title.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand Aparna. I like both Farhan and Priyanka as actors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs, dear A. More strength, power and love to you and P both! If there's anything I can help with, do let me know! And yes, PC did pick up good movies to produce! These are stories that need to be told. (Ventilator too! - family satire)
    Read my A-Z at FictionPies

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.