Saturday, April 30, 2022

X for A movie 'X' based on your life (Guest Post)



Again today is a guest post written by a blogger friend Anuradha Khanna Pentapalli. She is a mommy blogger who blogs at Mom And Ideas, where she writes about her experiences and journey as a mom. I love reading her posts; they like a breath of fresh air. Her humour and how she makes light of every situation are commendable.

         Let us ask Annu (as she is lovingly called and known to us 💖💖) what she has to tell about her favourite movie in this post.

 

A movie ‘X’ based on your life

 


         Remember that X variable of your Mathematics problems? Oh, the joy we had when we found what it was and the disappointment when it left us confused!

         Now, what if there was a movie to be made based on your life? After all, our life is nothing less than a hit movie story, isn't it? Emotion, drama, romance or crushes, failures, achievements, struggles… It has all the ingredients of a movie script, right?

         Let me call it ‘X’, for now until you figure out (and please share in the comments) what you would like to call it.

         It is not that I am unable to find Indian movies with the letter X in the title, but let me assure you that your story would be way better than the four of these:

            Mr. X (1957): starring Ashok Kumar, involves a potion that makes him invisible. Innovative, particularly at that time, but it wasn’t a hit.

        Mr. X in Bombay (1964): is a romantic sci-fi film starring Kishor Kumar and Kumkum -  definitely not a hit but it had a beautiful song Mere Mehboob Qayamat Hogi.

           Xcuse Me (2003): would make the movies above seem much better. Excuse me, but let's not talk about it in this blog series that lists some of the most wonderful movies of our times.

           Mr. X (2015) is a 3D sci-fi film starring Emran Hashmi. No, not worth talking about it here. Don’t even ask why!

            So, coming back to your X, where X is the title of the movie based on your life. I am certain that it is way better and more interesting than the ones above. So what would it be? What would be the plot?

 Would it be about romance, finding or losing love?

Would it be about your struggles and challenges?

Would it be about friendship?

Or a thriller?

Or the drama in your life?

Or just the fun parts?

          Would it be a biography focussing on your achievements? Trust me no achievement is small when you overcome the difficulties in your life. You don’t need to be a famous person, everyone’s struggles are real.

            Okay, let me lead by eXample!

           My X would be a series as I can go on and on as you can figure out by the length of this post. I am still awaiting that call from some Academy award-winning director who would make a movie on my life… and then that movie would be a hit, then there would be a book, interviews, money… then a movie on the new success… it can go on and on ;)

Maybe my X is Daydreaming… LOL. What is yours?


To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me on your blog! Loved writing about movie stuff after a long break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written Anuradha .👌👌🏻👌🏻👍👍. In my case the variable X would determine ,
    between the n number of things I would want to do , what I finally end up doing 😇😇

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie for this does not exist yet, but I am sure it would be a brilliant recommendation whenever it does get made (And I am sure it will get made, I only hope it gets made well!) - The entire premise is based on a covert naval operation conducted during the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971, by the Indian Naval Intelligence and the Indian Navy. Read more about it here - However, hopefully no more Vicky Kaushal or gosh, Akshay Kumar - too many movies in a year has kind of made me not want to watch him! SSR would have been so good for it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention the name of the book (and hence movie) - Operation X!

      Delete
  4. If my film were autobiographical it would have to be called Travelling Hopefully with
    No Map! But perhaps I would make a generation spanning family (mine) film illustrating social mobility through the 20th century, the branches of the family that went to America and Australia, the changes brought about by two world wars - my own part would be small in action but perhaps I would be the narrator...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.