Thursday, April 21, 2022

R for Ratatouille


 

Ratatouille (2007) is an animation film that I love because of its unique theme. The film is about a rat Remy, who has a sense of smell and taste and aspires to become a chef. But since he is a rat he cannot achieve his dream. One day he comes across the famous Chef Gusteau’s restaurant whose only motto in life is “anyone can cook”.

 



 It is a well-known fact that French people are very possessive about their food, cuisines and techniques, and everything related to food. They believe it is an art that only special people or a few people can achieve or master. But Chef Gusteau stresses the point that anyone can cook.

 


The film is about the journey of Remy and Linguini. It is an enjoyable, humorous film that brings out a potpourri of emotions. According to the film, it is not a rule that a person has to be what his lineage is. For example, Linguini’s father is a well-known three star chef but he can't cook at all, whereas Remy is a rat who can cook wonders all he has to do is believe in himself. So I feel that it applies to every human being that we need not be typecast in the role due to our lineage or society we need to believe in ourselves and be what we want to do and not because the society wants or our family wants but what we want to do, what we like to do is important than anything else. 

 



We need not be typecast in any role or occupation just because we belong to that family or caste or creed. It isn't a rule that a politician’s son has to be a top politician or an actor/actress's offspring has to surpass their parents in the same profession. What is your opinion about it?   


To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

9 comments:

  1. Another interesting movie. I watched it again with my daughter a few months ago. I agree that one must follow the heart and not pick a profession because of the lineage. I have always been impressed by Riteish Deshmukh who pursued acting instead of politics that seemed like an obvious choice for him.

    Dropping by from momandideas via the A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good film and yet my eldest was scared by it back in the day.

    Visiting from Facing The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw this movie properly ! The message is great. Yes we should never be type cast based on our lineage. I like your succinct review that highlights takeaways from movie

    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Initially, when I started watching the movie - I remember having a cringe moment - it was a rat after all. Not even a small mouse. But then as the movie moved along, the rat became so much more relatable or believable. Great message from the movie, very true. Currently, am reading Unfinished by Priyanka Chopra - and yes, a daring diversion taken in her case too coming from a family of army doctors and army men. Do what your heart desires, go after your dreams, just remember to give 100%

    Meet oversmart Greg at Rodrick Rules

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the movie esp the way the rat clings on to the guys hair to manouver him around :D

    Yep one cannot take up a career because the whole family is doing it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute movie!! I'm visiting from A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this was one of those movies with the most wholesome plot line. It teaches you many valuable lessons as well. I think my biggest takeaway was, to not let society define my role in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "What are you eating?"
    Ha ha ha.
    I think this was a really fun movie. I still can't cook though.

    J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.