Tuesday, April 12, 2022

G for Guzaarish


          I watched Guzaarish (2010) firstly for one of my favorite actors Hrithik Roshan and secondly for the theme of the film; ‘Euthanasia or mercy killing’ as it is known.

         

Being a mother to special needs child, I know the difficulties faced in taking care of her single-handedly. But is euthanasia a solution to our problems? Well, it depends on the family and the patient’s condition. But is it ethical? 

 

When we see our loved one in pain, our heart bleeds but is this solution to put an end to our sufferings? Some may say yes while some may say it’s unethical. Some may say who are we to decide? It is God’s wish (read blessing as some people like to say). But is it a blessing for a mother to see her child suffering, not to mention the trauma and pain she is going through or vice versa, for a spouse to see his/her better half in a condition from where there is no return or hope?

 




Coming back to the movie, what I loved is the sizzling chemistry of Hrithik and Aishwarya, the songs, and the picturization among many others. Though the film had big actors and a director like Sanjay Leela Bansali it was not a big hit due to the topic on which it is made. But it does give you a peek into the life and mind of a quadriplegic, their challenges, the helplessness in their eyes (sometimes) which they face daily even to do a normal chore, a privilege which we normal people take for granted.

 

Do let me know what are your thoughts on this topic. 


To check out other posts of A to Z challenge click on links below

A > B > C > D > E > F > G > H > I > J > K > L > M > N > O > P > Q > R > S > T U > V > W > X > Y > Z 

5 comments:

  1. I did not like the movie especially the ending. He was suffering but he had so much of love and care around him. I did not feel it justified . Have you read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes? Its a movie too. Similar subject

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is on my to be read list as well, want to hold off the movie until I read it.

      Delete
  2. I feel Guzaarish is one of the SLB's best works. I wonder why didn't perform well at BO. Hrithik Roshan was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was a good movie, can watch it once; Hrithik was good, its been a long time, don't remember much, but yes felt sad to see him suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a tough thing to have a say about - one way or another. There's never going to be any happy way out. Never going to be a right or wrong decision being made. Have not watched the movie, but I will add it to my list. I am not a fan of Aishwarya Rai, and somehow not having Hrithik Roshan be able to move about makes it not much fun to think about. But I will still give it a watch!

    Here's my post for G:
    G: Growing Up Bin Laden

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for reading my blog. Please let me know your feedback. If you are leaving a comment, I would appreciate if you could leave your blog link along with your comment so that i can visit your blog also...

Thank you once again for reading.